The West 111th Street Block Association is organizing a tasting event on Thursday, September 24 from 6-8pm. Attending means you’ll get to try food from various Morningside Heights restaurants for just $10! And you’ll be supporting them.
The block association is still recruiting restaurants to participate, and have gotten quite a few verbal commitments.
But so far, these are the eateries definitely participating:
- Hungarian Pastry Shop (1030 Amsterdam Avenue, between 110th and 111th Streets)
- Mel’s Burger Bar (2850 Broadway, between 110th and 111th Streets)
- V & T Restaurant & Pizzeria (1024 Amsterdam Avenue, between 110th and 111th Streets)
- Samad’s Gourmet (2867 Broadway, between 111th and 112th Streets)
- La Monde (2885 Broadway, between 112th and 113th Streets)
The block association is trying to fill spots with as many independent restaurants as possible, so at this point they’ve avoided contacting the big chains.
Tickets can be purchased at the West 111th Street People’s Garden, located on the northwest corner of 111th and Amsterdam Avenue. Tickets will be available for purchase on the day of the event, September 24, starting at 5:30pm.
Once you have your ticket, you can bring it to any of the above mentioned restaurants (as well as any new restaurants which decide to participate between now and then).
Every restaurant needs support right now. But those with locations in Morningside Heights really need our help. Since the president of Columbia University announced that all undergraduate classes would be taking place virtually for the fall semester, local restaurant owners have faced the reality of operating without their most consistent patrons there to give them business.