Signage is up for Vivi Bubble Tea at 146 West 72nd Street, between Columbus and Amsterdam avenues. The Taiwanese company launched in 2017 “with its cutting-edge technology for tea production,” per its website. They now have over one-hundred locations, and the menu can be viewed here (they serve bubble tea, “slush” and “fresh fruit” drinks).
There are already seven (7) juice places within a radius of about two blocks:
- Juice Generation at 117 West 72nd Street.
- Oakberry at 166 West 72nd Street (opened in March).
- Playa Bowls at 105 West 72nd Street (opened in August).
- CoCo Fresh Tea & Juice at 124 West 72nd Street.
- Gong Cha at 2061 Broadway between 71st and 72nd streets (opened in February 2022).
- Juice Press at 239 Columbus Avenue at 71st Street.
- Joe and the Juice at 247 Columbus Avenue (right across the street from Juice Press).
We get that maybe they’re all a bit different, but who’s drinking all this juice? It’s so much! Also, we made a map:
The new Vivi Bubble Tea will be replacing The Lite Choice, a frozen yogurt place.