Asset opened to the public on Thursday, October 3rd. The new restaurant is located at 329 Columbus Avenue (between 75th and 76th Streets), and comes from the owners of Tessa.
The space is beautiful. Patrick Duxbury, the Director of Operations, told us that the interior was meant to have a modern and industrial feel; it was designed by Bates Masi.
We spoke with Duxbury about the layout at an earlier date:
“We’ll have two level of seating with a bar on each floor. The bar on the main floor will be very large, similar to TESSA. The Bar upstairs is more intimate. Seating for dining on each floor as well as a lounge area on the main floor. There will also be plenty of space for private dining and events. The mezzanine alone can seat up to 50 guests.”
Here’s another view of the interior:
The menu is “New American” with plenty of small plates, pastas, seafoods and meats. The chef is John Schafer, who has joined Asset from the Yankees franchise.
Asset NYC also has a DJ booth. While they have no intentions of being a “night club”, they do plan on staying open late and offering a separate late-night menu.
- Check out some more beautiful restaurant interiors here.
- And these recently opened Upper West Side restaurants.
Latest posts by Mike Mishkin (see all)
- Seasonal Sweets From Billy’s Bakery - October 18, 2019
- Calling All Parents-to-be! Don’t Miss the Bump Bash at the JCC - October 18, 2019
- Central Park’s “Squirrel Census” Now Public - October 18, 2019