Ateaz Tea will be opening at 144-146 West 72nd Street, between Amsterdam and Columbus (thanks Upper West Sider). This space was formerly occupied by The Lite Choice, which served low calorie frozen yogurt.
The space next door, which has the same address, is also available for rent. This storefront was most recently occupied by Burrito Mariachi.
Ateaz is a Certified Organic Coffee and Tea boutique. There are currently locations on the Upper East Side (1575 2nd Ave) and in Kew Gardens (116-29 Metropolitan Ave).
They offer 40+ globally sourced coffees and teas which are USDA Certified Organic, sustainable, BPA free & Fair Trade.
“Featured blends”, according to their website, include:
- Organic Ethiopian Yergacheffee (Medium Dark Roast)
- Black Lavender Tea
- Vanilla Earl Grey (their best seller)
We reached out to the company and they told us they’re hoping to open on March 1st. The new space will have seating (but no table service), beer and wine in the summertime, loose teas and beans to take home, and a nice selection of pastries.
Here are some photos from their Instagram page:
Recent Food + Drink News:
- Fairway Files For Bankruptcy – Again
- Au Jus “Roasted Meats and Oklahoma Barbecue” Opening at 99th and Broadway
- The Best Restaurant to Open Last Year – According to Our Readers