Barachou, “the first ever French style cream puff bar in New York”, has leased space at 449 Amsterdam, between 81st and 82nd Streets. The previous occupant at this address was Blossom du Jour.
Barachou is a new venture – so it will be their first location.
Barachou will offer a range of French cream puffs and chouquettes, with flavors changing on a weekly basis.
In addition, they will offer savory eclairs, coffee, tea, juices, fruit salad, soups and avocado toast.
Their website also states that they will have indoor and outdoor seating. And, they will offer catering and customizable orders.
To make their upcoming opening a reality, Barachou’s owners launched a crowdfunding campaign in May, which has raised over $20,000 from over 200 contributors.
The owners told us they plan to open in three weeks (so expect to see them towards the end of August). Check out their website for more info.
MORE DESSERT NEWS:
- Van Leeuwen Open on Columbus Avenue
- Le Gourmand Bakery Open on 70th Street
- Levain Bakery Plans National Expansion
Latest posts by Mike Mishkin (see all)
- Blue Bottle Will Open Morningside Location - August 23, 2019
- Best Wings on the Upper West Side - August 22, 2019
- 200 Amsterdam Announces Crazily Expensive Penthouses - August 22, 2019