Attention, Upper West Siders: “Billions” is coming to the neighborhood!
The critically acclaimed show stars Emmy and Golden Globe winners Paul Giamatti and Damian Lewis. Currently in its fifth season, “Billions” centers around an intricate cat and mouse relationship between U.S. Attorney Chuck Rhoades (Giamatti) and Axe Capital CEO Bobby “Axe” Axelrod (Lewis).
The show’s location department recently posted signs all over the Waterline Square area indicating that one of Showtime’s most popular series will be filming somewhere between 59th and 63rd Streets from West End to 12th Avenue on Tuesday, June 1st from 5am to 3pm. Local residents were advised that they can expect the crew to start setting up on Monday, May 31. Black-out curtains are available upon request to anyone who may not want the crew’s large lights shining into their home.
It is unclear where filming will occur specifically or whether the June 1 shoot will be for the fifth or sixth season. Variety reported in October 2020 that the show was renewed for a sixth season and that season five’s remaining episodes are set to air this year.
For anyone who may be worried about street parking, it looks it will be limited or completely unavailable at the following locations:
- West side of Freedom Place between West 60th and 64th Streets
- West side of West End Avenue between West 59th and 61st Streets
- North side of West 59th Street between West End/11th and 12th Avenues
- South side of West 60th Street between West End Avenue and Freedom Place
- North side of West 61st Street between West End Avenue and Freedom Place
- South side of West 63rd Street between West End Avenue and Freedom Place