There are many ways we are often asked to make change: Vote today! Call your representatives! Sign this petition! March with us! But there are other forms of civic engagement that can also be potent tools for change.
So energize your civic spirit at a special Democracy Monday, where you’ll hear from activists and organizations leveraging creative strategies to advocate for justice.
Speakers will include:
- Ann Northrup, veteran journalist and member of ACT UP, the groundbreaking AIDS activism organization that won key victories through creative direct action.
- Ben Wolcott from Make the Road NY’s campaign to get banks to move money out of private prisons (J.P. Morgan Chase recently signed on).
- Noelle Damico from the consumer boycott-focused Alliance for Fair Food.
Cosponsored by Out at the J.
This event will take place on Monday, Jun 17th from 6-8pm.
Tickets are $10 for members and $15 for the public.
Marlene Meyerson JCC Manhattan, 334 Amsterdam Avenue at 76th Street
Latest posts by Mike Mishkin (see all)
- There’s a House on the Roof of this Upper West Side Building - September 22, 2019
- My Dog Loves Central Park 2019 - September 20, 2019
- Family Fun + Apple Picking at Camp Settoga - September 20, 2019