You can now search for women-led restaurants through Restaurant Her, a new website created by GrubHub. The map on Restaurant Her includes restaurants owned or co-owned by a woman or a kitchen led by a woman head or executive chef.
Grubhub saw a need to bring awareness to the fact that women have long been under-represented in the food industry.
So, in the spirit of supporting women and enjoying great food, here are just a few of the restaurants on the Upper West Side run by women!
- Italian restaurants Cesca (164 West 75th) and Parm (235 Columbus Ave).
- Cali-style restaurant Playa Betty’s at 320 Amsterdam.
- French Roast at 2340 Broadway.
- Pizzeria Sirenetta at 568 Amsterdam.
- Wholesome fair at Cafe Bee – 239 West 72nd Street.
- Kosher-Asian restaurant Gan Asia at 691 Amsterdam.
Once you do a search you’ll see that the list is huge. This is a fun and easy way to support women this month (and always); you need to eat anyway!