Through Fresh Food For Seniors, Upper West Side seniors can now get bags of produce for just $8 – discounted from their retail values of $15 to $18. Orders are pay-as-you-go, one week ahead of each delivery date.
Produce is ordered through GrowNYC from farmers in New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, and Pennsylvania.
Here are the locations offering Fresh Food For Seniors
For all Seniors:
- Goddard Riverside: Senior Center
(Sign up: Mondays and Tuesdays, 1-3pm; Pick up: Wednesday the week after signing up, 1-3pm)
For members or residents of the following centers:
- Bloomingdale Aging in Place
- Goddard Riverside: NORC
- JASA: Club 76
- JASA NORC: St. Martin’s Tower
- Project Find: Clinton Senior Center
- Project Find: Hamilton House
- Project Open at Lincoln Towers
- NCJW Council Lifetime Learning
- Westside Interagency Council for the Aging
Delivery dates: June 27, July 18, Aug. 1, Aug. 15, Aug. 29, Sept. 12, Sept. 26, Oct. 10, Oct. 24, Nov. 7, Nov. 21
Sign up for the Upper West Side newsletter!