After eating a large meal and taking a swim in the Central Park reservoir on Christmas Eve, a local hawk was feeling sick and unable to fly. So an NYPD officer took the bird to the Wild Bird Fund Center at 565 Columbus Ave, between 87th and 88th Streets (first heard through Patch).
The Wild Bird Fund said the hawk had lead poisoning, which is apparently pretty common in the city.
The cop who rescued the bird was Officer Healy, and now, the bird has been named Healy in the officer’s honor.
Central Park is the most beautiful place to spend Christmas eve, just ask this Hawk! Seems like he had too much to eat so Officer Healy and the @wildburdfund had to help him get home. pic.twitter.com/PDxovJ176H
— NYPD Central Park (@NYPDCentralPark) December 27, 2018