Israel Story is an award-winning radio show and podcast that public radio icon Ira Glass calls “the Israeli This American Life.” And on May 19th and 20th, they’ll be performing a live podcast at the Marlene Meyerson JCC Manhattan!
“The Wall”: A Look at the Barriers That Separate Us and Those That Bring Us Together
Everywhere we turn these days, it seems “the wall” is staring back at us. Its power is magical–it protects and alienates; keeps people in and out; and can–as we have all seen–even bring mighty governments to a standstill. Israel, too, has its share of walls. There’s the West Bank Barrier, of course; the Wailing Wall; and basically everything in between.
In their newest live show, cast members of Israel Story, Israel’s leading podcast, interact with different walls and have surprisingly poetic tales to tell about their encounters.
With their usual mix of unusually splendid storytelling, marvelous live music, and stunning visuals, the Israel Story team will present an evening that will redefine your thoughts about the ubiquitous “W word.”
- Sunday, May 19th at 7 pm, $18, click here for tickets.
- Monday, May 20th at 7 pm, $18, click here for tickets.
Additional show on the east side on Tuesday, May 21st.
Latest posts by Mike Mishkin (see all)
- There’s a House on the Roof of this Upper West Side Building - September 22, 2019
- My Dog Loves Central Park 2019 - September 20, 2019
- Family Fun + Apple Picking at Camp Settoga - September 20, 2019