Kick off June with the Italy Run from New York Road Runners on June 2nd, 2019, at 8:00 AM in Central Park. After finishing the 5-mile race, runners can expect to fill their appetites with treats from Nutella Café and Ferrero, the official sponsors of the run. Last year, over 8,000 runners showed up and ran to the finish line.
Kids are also invited to participate with the Rising New York Road Runners at Italy Run by Nutella Café on the same day at 9:15 AM. The event is open to kids from 2-11 of all running ability levels and offers various running distances in Central Park.
The Italy Run is a celebration of Festa della Republica, Italy’s National Day, which is also on June 2. Runners, families, and friends are all invited to learn more about Italian culture with post-race festivities that include activities and live music.
According to the New York Road Runners website, this is what runners can expect from the course:
- 1st Mile: Start on West Drive near West 67th Street and head south, completing the lower loop of the park before the course turns back onto East Drive.
- 2nd Mile: Continue north on East Drive, passing the 72nd Street Transverse and ascending Cat Hill.
- 3rd Mile: Continue along East Drive as you pass the Reservoir on your left and pass Engineers’ Gate (East 90th Street).
- 4th Mile: Turn left onto the 102nd Street Cross Drive, followed by another left onto West Drive. Run over rolling hills as you head south.
- 5th Mile: Enjoy a downhill, then a flat section. Turn left onto the 72nd Street Transverse and finish just west of Bethesda Terrace.
Keep an eye on their website since all race information is subject to change (link at bottom).
New York Road Runners also advises you to follow The MTA’s Weekender schedule to plan your race-day transportation as well as follow their bike parking guidelines if you plan on biking to the race.
Take advantage of the warmer weather ahead to start training for this race and work up an appetite for some Nutella treats! Sign up, and race information is on the New York Road Runners website.Join the newsletter for more events!