Flyers posted around the neighborhood indicate that the movie we wrote about last week‘s cast and crew are headed back to film another round of scenes.
Signage states that on Wednesday, March 29, NBC Universal and Working Title Films will be filming “Untitled New York Christmas Project,” which we’ve now established is a remake of “Bernard and the Genie,” a 1991 Christmas movie. Melissa McCarthy, who was recently spotted popping out of a bunch of Christmas trees on 77th and Columbus, is starring alongside Paapa Essiedu (I May Destroy You, The Lazarus Project).
So if you want to catch a star or just need to move your car, please note that production crews will hold parking on the following streets in advance of filming (towing will be enforced on Wednesday, 3/29 at 6:00 a.m.):
- 72nd between Amsterdam and Columbus, north side of street (half block)
- 73rd between Amsterdam and Columbus, south side of street (full block)
- 74th between Amsterdam and Columbus, both sides of street (half block closest to Amsterdam)
- 75th between Amsterdam and Broadway, south side (one “truck length”)
- 77th between Central Park West and Columbus, north side of street (full block)
- Central Park West between 77th and 81st streets, west side of street
If you have any concerns or questions, please call the locations department at (929) 325-0341.
And if you spot a scene being filmed, tag us on Instagram for a chance to be featured!