Chinese restaurant Tri Dim Shanghai has signed a lease at 467 Columbus Avenue, between 82nd and 83rd Street (h/t The New York Times). They signed a ten-year lease for a total space of 4,500 square feet (2,250 on the ground floor, 2,250 in the basement).
The building has apartments on the higher floors, so that kind of sucks for those people. Though another restaurant previously occupied the space (Canteen 82, also a Chinese restaurant).
The NY Times article states the estimated annual rent is $832,500.
Tri Dim Shanghai has one other location, on the Upper East Side (1378 Third Avenue, off 79th Street).
They specialize in Shanghainese dishes, while also serving dim sum and Szechuan cuisine. Some of the special items their website highlights include Beijing prawns; a spicy chicken casserole cooked with curry, chili powder and lemongrass; short ribs braised in soy and “rock candy and stewed in red wine; and steamed crab meat and pork soup dumplings.
There’s a lunch menu with items priced between $8.95 and $9.95 (Monday to Friday, 11:45am-3pm), plus a “design your own dish” option which comes with a choice of four steamed vegetables, unlimited add-ons and a choice of sauces.
Tri Dim Shanghai also promotes their “smart cocktails”.
Reviews for their UES location are as follows:
- Facebook: 4.7 out of 5 stars, based on 27 reviews.
- Seamless: 4 out of 5 stars, based on 858 reviews.
- Yelp: 4 out of 5 stars, based on 264 reviews.
- Google: 4.1 out of 5 stars, based on 169 reviews.
For more info and their full menu, here’s their website.
Also Opening Soon:Join our newsletter for more restaurant updates:
Latest posts by Mike Mishkin (see all)
- Central Park Movie Scenes: A WALKING TOUR - March 20, 2019
- Pasta Franco will open at 508 Columbus - March 19, 2019
- 15 Central Park West Penthouse Listed For $55 Million - March 19, 2019