Once the summer’s big popcorn blockbusters and sequels have died down, filmgoers worry about a movie drought after. But thanks to Film at Lincoln Center’s upcoming New York Film Festival 2019, film lovers can breathe a sigh of relief.
The 57th New York Film Festival runs from September 27th to October 13th. Since 1963, the festival has been responsible for introducing NYC audiences to both esteemed filmmakers and fresh new talent. The 17-day festival brings together directors, actors and actresses, movies, post-screening Q&As, short films, and panel discussions right here on the Upper West Side.
Last year’s festival screened Roma, which won the Academy Award for Best Director for Alfonso Cuarón. Another screening, The Favourite, earned Olivia Coleman the Best Actress Award at the Academy Awards.
The New York Film Festival recently announced their early bird special:
- Their Premier Pass for film lovers who want to experience all festival activities is for sale at $1250.
- The Opening Night Pass ($400) comes with a ticket to opening night plus 10 tickets to any NYFF 2019 screenings.
- The Centerpiece and Closing Night Pass (also $400) gets ticket holders 1 ticket to Centerpiece, 1 ticket to Closing night, and 10 tickets to any NYFF screenings of their choice.
- The Cinephile Pass ($325) gets ticket holders 10 tickets to any NYFF screenings of their choice
The 57th New York Film Festival continues Film at Lincoln Center’s 50th anniversary, which was celebrated back in April. Film at Lincoln Center was founded in 1969 as a way to celebrate American and international cinema. Throughout the next half-century, the organization devoted itself to ensuring that film remains an essential art form with publications and film festivals. According to their website, Film at Lincoln Center “is the only branch at Lincoln Center to devote support and elevate the importance of the moving image.”
Check out the New York Film Festival 2019 website for more updates including film features, documentaries, Q&As, and more!Join the UWS newsletter for more great events!
Latest posts by Mike Mishkin (see all)
- There’s a House on the Roof of this Upper West Side Building - September 22, 2019
- My Dog Loves Central Park 2019 - September 20, 2019
- Family Fun + Apple Picking at Camp Settoga - September 20, 2019