Open Streets will return to Columbus Avenue on Sunday, May 15. As we recently reported, there will be some changes this year — including shortened hours (11am-7pm), increased safety protocols and enhanced programming.
The initiative is taking place every Sunday until October 30 between 68th and 77th streets on Columbus Avenue.
Here’s the schedule for Sunday, May 15 (as shared by Columbus Ave BID on Instagram and Facebook):
- 10am-7pm: donate your denim at Madewell, 211-217 Columbus Ave (70th Street)
- 11:00am: Children’s music by Katie Dwyer at 74th and Columbus Ave
- 12:30pm-2pm: Artmaking with Art on the Ave at 76th and Columbus Ave
- 1pm-4pm: Live music at Asset, 329 Columbus Ave (between 75th and 76th streets)
- 2pm-4:30pm: Outdoor jazz at Manny’s Bistro, 70th and Columbus
Also, 25% and 20% discounts are respectively being offered at Scott J Aveda (257 Columbus Ave) and KT Collection (276 Columbus Ave), and food samples will be given out at 67 Gourmet at 194 Columbus Ave.
YAY!!! Less parking, worse traffic! A win-win situation.