On Thursday, Mayor de Blasio stated that NYC is on track to begin Phase 3 on July 6th. Phase 3 includes only two industries: restaurants / food services and personal care. This will only occur, though, if all indicators stay on track.
Restaurants will be able to offer indoor dining at a 50% capacity, while tables must be separated by at least six feet.
Here are some of the other mandatory guidelines:
- Outdoor tables must also remain at least six feet apart from one another.
- Wherever distancing is not feasible between tables, physical barriers must be enacted between such tables. These barriers will need to be at least 5 feet tall and not block emergency or fire exits.
- Employees must wear face coverings at all times.
- Patrons must also wear face coverings, except for when they are seated.
- Patrons can only sit at tables with members of their own party. So no communal dining with strangers. The maximum number of people per table will be 10.
- Seating in bar areas and communal tables are only permitted if at least 6 feet can be maintained between parties.
View the full Phase 3 restaurant guidelines here.
The personal care industry refers to “non-hair-related personal care businesses and services, including tattoo and piercing facilities, appearance enhancement practitioners, massage therapy, spas, cosmetology, nail specialty, UV and non-UV tanning, or waxing.” Barbershops were given the green light to reopen at the beginning of Phase 2.
Here are some of the mandatory guidelines for personal care businesses:
- Limit the workforce and customer presence to no more than 50% of the maximum occupancy, inclusive of customers.
- Ensure a 6 foot distance between individuals at all times, unless safety or the core activity requires a shorter distance (e.g. performing a piercing/tattoo, providing a massage, performing a manicure/pedicure).
- Employees must wear face coverings any time they interact with customers.
- Close waiting rooms.
- Personal care services that require customers to remove face coverings (e.g. lip/nose piercings, face massage, facials, lip/nose waxing) are prohibited.
View the full Phase 3 personal care guidelines here.
And for updates, please visit NYC’s official reopening website here.Get the newsletter: