We’re taking a look at five of our newest restaurants and how they stack up amongst online critics. Please note that ratings change frequently, especially for new restaurants, and that they don’t all have profiles on every review and delivery site. Also, keep in mind that a lot of people simply aren’t into leaving reviews. So these numbers obviously don’t account for everyone who’s dined at the following spots.
And, some of these restaurants are a bit newer than others. So they’ve had more time to rack up a higher volume of reviews. Which can obviously help or hurt them. New restaurants which haven’t gotten many reviews (positive or negative) have not been included in this list.
Check out how people are feeling (so far) about the new restaurants below, and leave your own scores by taking our polls!
Korean fried chicken restaurant Chick Chick opened in late March at 618 Amsterdam Avenue, at 90th Street, replacing the former Coffeeberry.
- Google: 4.8 out of 5 stars, based on 16 reviews
- Seamless: 4 out of 5 stars, based on 21 reviews
- Yelp: 5 out of 5 stars, based on 20 reviews
- Grubhub: 3.9 out of 5 stars, based on 24 reviews
- Average Score: 4.425 out of 5 stars
Mimi Cheng’s Dumplings opened its doors in late February at 309 Amsterdam Avenue, between 74th and 75th Streets.
- Google: 4.5 out of 5 stars, based on 25 reviews
- Grubhub: 3.9 out of 5 stars, based on 30 reviews
- Yelp: 4.5 out of 5 stars, based on 20 reviews
- Average Overall Score: 4.3 out of 5 stars
Jeremy Wladis of The Restaurant Group opened sushi and ramen restaurant Hachi Maki at 522 Columbus Avenue in mid February.
- Google: 3.6 out of 5 stars, based on 12 reviews
- Yelp: 3.5 out of 5 stars, based on 26 reviews
- OpenTable: 4.3 out of 5 stars, based on 3 reviews
- Grubhub: 3.5 out of 5 stars, based on 4 reviews
- Seamless: 3.5 out of 5 stars, based on 4 reviews
- Average Overall Score: 3.68 out of 5 stars
Mediterranean and Israeli restaurant Dagon opened on Valentine’s Day at 2454 Broadway, between 90th and 91st Streets. The space was previously occupied by Big Daddy’s, from the same owners.
- Google: 4.9 out of 5 stars, based on 31 reviews
- Yelp: 4.5 out of 5 stars, based on 13 reviews
- OpenTable: 4.7 out of 5 stars, based on 48 reviews
- Seamless: 3.8 out of 5 stars, based on 7 ratings
- Average Overall Score: 4.475 out of 5 stars
Vanessa’s Dumpling House had its soft-opening on February 5 after a very long wait! The UWS rendition of the popular downtown dumpling spot stands at 452 Amsterdam Avenue, between 81st and 82nd Streets.
- Google: 4.5 out of 5 stars, based on 19 reviews
- Yelp: 4 out of 5 stars, based on 25 reviews
- GrubHub: 4.8 out of 5 stars, based on 182 reviews
- Average Overall Score: 4.43 out of 5 stars
Bookmark this page and come back later to see how people voted!