March is National Craft Month, and Grand Bazaar NYC (100 West 77th Street) is celebrating with a popup event featuring over 70 independent makers this Sunday, March 20 from 10am-5pm.
Vendors will showcase a mix of apparel, home goods, jewelry, leather goods, furniture, stationary, art and more.
Some popular standouts will include:
- Hats from Jason Murillo Millinery
- Bright and colorful art from Mymi’s Art Flow
- Bespoke furniture and homewares by Khem Studios
- Leather bags and accessories from Louise Goods
- Jewelry from Lorelei Gruss
- Ceramics from Museum Mile Art
- Educational toys for creative children by Kiboo Kids
Some food court attractions will include:
- Handmade ramen noodles by KingPana Ramen
- Korean corn dogs by Clubdog
- Authentic German sausages from German Bratwurst
- Organic rice bowls Maze-Maze
- Sweets by Mo & Jay Pastry
Grand Bazaar’s weekly market organizes different special-themed events, highlighting both new and established independent local artists, designers, craft-makers, vintage and antique dealers, and artisanal food entrepreneurs. Annually, over 900 merchants are brought in to create unique experiences for visitors every time they stop by. The vendors are selected based upon the weekly theme, the quality of craftsmanship, and how distinctive and rare their offerings are.
Grand Bazaar NYC was created to provide funding to four Upper West Side public schools and to support small independent local merchants and entrepreneurs. Every time a vendor commits to selling their goods at the market, the schools PS 87, The Computer School, PS 334, and M.S. M247 Dual Language Middle School benefit. 100% of the net profits from the rental of a booth benefit over 2,000 public school children by providing them with much-needed school supplies, books, art enrichment, and sports programs.
Grand Bazaar NYC is located at 100 West 77th Street at Columbus Avenue. The market is open every Sunday from 10am – 5pm. For more information visit, www.GrandBazaarNYC.org.