New Plaza Cinema has announced a partnership with The West End Theatre at the Church of St. Paul and St. Andrew, located at 263 West 86th Street between Broadway and West End Avenue. Screenings will begin on February 18 and initial offerings will focus on 2022 Oscar nominees, recent acclaimed art film releases, reissued classics and special screenings with filmmakers.
Screenings will begin on Friday, February 18. Here’s the lineup for the first weekend:
- Summer of Soul — nominated for Best Documentary
- Writing With Fire — nominated for Best Documentary
- Flee — nominated for Best Documentary as well as Best International and Best Animated Feature; an Academy Award record
- Nightmare Alley — followed by a Talkback with film historian Max Alvarez
- Compartment No. 6 – winner of the Grand Prix at the 2021 Cannes Film Festival; from Finland
- Breaking Bread — documentary, a U.S./Israel co-production
- The Swimming Pool — the 1969 classic French melodrama with Alain Delon and Romy Schneider
Info on screenings and ticket purchasing will be available at newplazacinema.org. New Plaza Cinema can also be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This is such fantastic news! It was terribly sad when we lost the art theater 🙂 Hooray!
I want to purchase three tix to 3/26 Dance Girl Dance. I don’t see that opporotunity
when I sign on. Can you help?