A new pizza place appears to be opening at the former Hot & Crusty between 87th and 88th Streets on Broadway.
A sign for Sforno can be seen at 2393 Broadway. We don’t know anything about Sforno yet, except that construction workers at the site told several of our readers that it would be a pizza place.
This Hot & Crusty closed earlier this year after serving the Upper West Side for many years.
While Upper West Side closings appear to be occurring on a non-stop basis, a bunch of new places have recently opened or are planning to:
- Kissaki (at Guyer’s, 286 Columbus Avenue between 73rd and 74th Streets)
- A new Sweetgreen signed a lease at 159 Columbus Avenue (between 67th and 68th Streets)
- Venchi Chocolate will open in Columbus Circle
- Chama Mama will replace La Vela at 373 Amsterdam Avenue (between 77th and 78th Streets)
Also, our tipster ‘Upper West Sider’ has informed us of a few recent lease signings at the following locations:
- 434 Amsterdam Avenue (81st Street) – view document here
- 225 Columbus Avenue (between 70th and 71st Streets) – view document here
We don’t yet know what will open at the above addresses, but we’ll provide an update once more info becomes available!
Interesting to hear that something new will finally be coming to 434 Amsterdam Ave. Based on the name “Jugaad” I’m assuming it’ll be an Indian restaurant.
Seems like there’s also something in the works at 491 Columbus Avenue, but haven’t found any details.
I wonder if this has any relation to Sforno in Rome. I hope so. That cacio e pepe pizza…